Monday, November 10, 2008

Portrait Blitz

During the "Holiday Portrait Season", I find it easier to book a weekend full of sittings, one after another, in order to squeeze in as many folks as possible. This year it took place at the future home of Franklin First United Methodist Church. Our church bought the land mere months ago, and although it will be years before we break ground, you cannot deny thee feeling of possibility on that spot. I hired a sitter from sun up to sun down and Dan (my lovely assistant) and I spend the entire day enjoying the sunshine.
Mamma On break
One of the challenges I face being a portrait photographer is how to capture a family and still make it worthy of a Christmas card. I can be artistic all day long, but as a business owner, I still have to sell prints in the end. Lucky for me, Dan is an amazing help. He is a pied piper of sorts. Children find his humor hysterical, and by the end of the shoot, they are climbing on him and playing chase. We set up a pleasing background, interact with the kids and family, and the results (hopefully!) are portraits that feel honest.





Thanks to all the great families who came out. Part of the proceeds go to the building fund of the church-a place where all these smiling faces will grow up.



2 comments:

kaycee said...

So nice, Rachel. That tree is amazing. (and you look super cute on break, too.)

Anonymous said...

I love love lens flare. To photogs who don't I say PISH POSH. It is so warm.
Wonderful photographs as usual, girl. And is that Dan's photography I spy? It's a good one :)