Monday, October 27, 2008

The Rice Quadruplets




I specifically remember meeting Chuck Rice whenever he visited our Sunday school 3 summers ago. Just as casually as he would comment on the weather, he mentioned in conversation that his wife was pregnant and currently on bedrest. Boy or Girl? Yes, he replied. Quads. Well, they had my attention from that point on. They were born at an amazing 26 weeks (thats right, Danielle-26!) and although they had their fair share of time at Vandy, they are all vivacious 3 year olds! I have always wanted to photograph them, and Sunday I got my chance. I had a blast with each kid. Its fascinating to me that they came from the same place and are so different. Their whole journey is a visible testiment to miracles in my opinion, and I feel fortunate to know them. Ann never ceases to amaze me with her calm nature and ease at handling them. I keep a picture of them when they were little babies to remind me that I just have 2...it could be much harder!


Shep (short for Shepherd). He's the only boy and kind of the ring leader.

Laura Frances, whom I would best describe as an old soul.

Miss Elizabeth is going to give Mom and Dad a run for their money. And drive the boys crazy!
Mary Carter is just the tiniest little teacup and sweet as pie.


Thats a lot of little toes!



















2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the message you left for me in the middle of your blog!!! :) You are always thinking of me. Too sweet, Rachel Williamson...

kaycee said...

How cool Rachel! I love the personality descriptions...