Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkinfest 2008

I heart pumpkinfest. I have debated telling my kids that this Franklin event is actually Halloween, because its way better! Basically downtown Franklin shuts down all day to allow costumed children (and some adults) to fill the streets in search of candy, games, and good food. We trick or treated to the businesses, played old fashion games like fishing pond and lollipop tree, tasted and voted in the chili cookoff for lunch (then raided Lucy's bag for candy afterwards!) and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Its days like this one that truly make me appreciate my community. We were fortunate enough to be accompanied by Mickey and Minnie Mouse this year...








Leah as Sleeping Beauty


Little Bronson as a Penguin


Flower (Bella) and Lightening McQueen (Taylor)



THE scarecrow from Oz. Lucy was upset the rest of the gang wasn't also there!







1 comment:

kaycee said...

Oh my goodness. How priceless!
And what did you and Dan dress up as, my dear?