Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Right Stuff

There are times I am simply grateful for the way God designed us humans. I was thinking about that last night as I marveled at the concept of memory and how awesome it is to get older and have memories start to mean even more. Now, you might find my SOURCE of memory hilarious, but it harkens back for me a bit of my youngster years. Lucky for the blogging world, I recently got a Canon point and shoot to supplement the big camera when one is needed that will fit in a clutch. I guess in 20 more years THIS memory will bring back as many smiles as last night's did!
This is me and the pink arrow is the New Kids on the Block! Live and in Concert! (yes, they are still living...barely.)
The white shirted one would be Jon, "my" new kid, who incidentally was 21 when I was 11 which is totally creepy. They all took quite a few breaks so not to invite heartattack, but otherwise put on the show all the crazy ladies were there to see.


And, since now you are totally jealous, here is a peek at the show. Check all the mom heads!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, the New kids are not old. they are cool. Hangin tough...

Anonymous said...

that was me by the way, don't know why it saved as anonymous (i was logged in)
you got the right stuff...

Brooke

kaycee said...

I must say- I wasn't on the new kids train- I wanted to be in the Bangles. But, I can still understand how fun and fascinating that must have been! It looked packed... Wow.

Ashley said...

Oh yeah...I'm totally jealous! I used to rock out to their concerts on VHS tape in my playroom...LOL Oh and Jon was my new kid too! : ) Wish I would have been there Monday night.

Robin Estep said...

I'm so jealous!!! I was so in love with them. Donnie was so hot...I was in love!! Did Joey sing "please don't go girl?" Now that he is past puberty, I bet it sounds a lot different. :)