Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vaca.



We have been living it up on the Gulf Coast since Saturday. The kids love the beach (even though Knox would prefer to eat sand rather than play in it). We love not being home, although getting sleep has dropped off the kids inteneraries since arriving, so mamma and daddy have been seeing the sun come up every morning. Now, what you will notice about the current pics is that none of them are actually on the beach. I am still so protective of my new camera that I am quite frankly scared to carry it down there. At some point I figure I can take it down to the water's edge, snap some pics then promptly return it to the condo. Another down side of the camera is its bulk. Once you've loaded up 2 kids, a diaper bag that weighs 2o pounds, a stroller, a husband, and an assortment of the day's favorite toys, there is just not an easy way to lug the cannon, too. We solved this issue by taking an afternoon trip down to Seaside since its been a few years since we had been there last. It gave me the opportunity to follow the kids around and take pictures without worrying about sand and sunscreen and the ill effects on a camera lens.


Okay, there is a little sand in the background.


The Lucy and Knox Show performed on the Seaside stage.



Pretending they like me.


The Rojo Bar


We then drove to Grayton for dinner at the Red Bar. I like bringing my kids here because there has been in the past 10 years or so many a disscussion regarding life plans over plates of fish and shrimp and crawfish pasta that often included the intent of bringing little ones into the world. I ate there pregnant with both kids (twice with Knox), Lucy managed to sleep through her first visit at 4 months old as well as Knox did, too, 2 years later. Needless to say, this is our favorite resturant. This week Lucy has been on a kick of learning her colors in Spanish, so this time it was the Rojo Bar.





My skinny hubby.


I don't normally take the time and effort to photograph my food, but believe me, this meal deserves to be framed and hung on the wall!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome photos as usual, and sounds like an awesome trip too.
what a handsome family :)

kaycee said...

Oh,the Red Bar. That was a good meal with you guys. Wasn't that the night of the spiders in the bed? Loving the photos as always. Those darlin kids.
Miss you all. Lots.