Friday, June 13, 2008

Trail



So apparently Lucy is working on a series."Nest" was all the rage in the last post, but for a 3 year old, that was so last week. Now we have evolved into "Trail". This one started at about 8 oclock at night. I think she is learning that if she does something of interest at bedtime, mommy will whip out the camera and stall bedtime a little longer (it totally works, too!).
Since taking these pictures, she's made several more trails, one of water droplets on her grandparents patio. I decided that one was more of a performance piece :-).


A little OCD in her madness with everything lined up just so. That's my cell phone behind the geisha girl...I was looking for that.

Little artist in contemplative pose. "Hmmm..what else can I do to avoid bedtime?"

As I post this today, its not even 7 am, and I have been up for 2 hours, which wouldn't be so horrible, if I hadn't been up 3 hours before that, and then 3 hours before that. It was a rough night. Both kids are sick-a first in our house. They have some virus that causes painful blisters on their throat. Its pretty hard to explain to a baby why he is hurting, so rocking and bottles are about the only things that stop the crying. Luckily, Lucy is just now old enough to understand an explanation of why she is sick, and she takes what the doctor says very seriously. Its nice when they can tell you whats wrong and when they need medicine!

To top it off, Dan is out of town, so I have been battling this one solo. I wouldn't recommend it. Hopefully, he will be home sometime today and I will promptly be hitting the sack.

Tomorrow we leave for a week and a half at the beach, which will include my friend Rachel's wedding. Not only is it exciting to watch her get hitched, I will be shooting my very first wedding. So, stay tuned! And in the mean time, wash your hands-this virus going around is not one to be reckoned with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get well soon gang!

kaycee said...

Has Lucy seen any of the Andy Goldsworthy documentaries yet? I am just loving her work by the way.
And your photos as well.
Have a good beach time and I hope the sickies feel better soon!