Friday, June 27, 2008

Are photographers supposed to be more stressed than the bride?



Rachel wearing her grandmother's wedding dress


I have always been terrified of shooting weddings, mainly because of a few urban legends of photographers forgetting to load film into the camera or metal detectors rendering CF cards blank, therefore loosing all the precious irreplaceable memories of someone's big day (and in turn getting sued for gillions of dollars). I, myself, have less than good (okay pretty horrible) wedding pictures, which makes me worry that some bride down the road would be wondering to herself why she hired that flake of a photographer, Mamma Goose. But, its amazing what you'll do for a friend! I met red headed Rachel (aka Rachel Smith, aka Smitty, aka Pookie) during my tenure at Pier 1 in Murfreesboro. Our friendship mainly consists of giggling constantly when we are together and making up 2 of the 3 wheels in our girls day posse. I was honored to listen (or giggle along with) the news of meeting a cute guy at her work Christmas party, how he asked her out, their first trip together, and eventually, the proposal. So when she asked me to photograph her and Dane'ssmall wedding at the beach, I was more than honored, albeit scared to death of messing up royally! Overall, I loved it. It was amazing to have that "all access" pass into this important moment. Then, to sit in front of my computer and watch the pictures I had taken stream one by one, retelling the story, it was pretty cool. I think I would definately do it again, just maybe with one heck of a waiver of responsibility!




Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Peachee!






2 comments:

kaycee said...

Wow- Congrats to the lovely couple- and nice shots Mamma Goose.

adrianhitt said...

great job, rachel! and it's okay to be more stressed than the bride... just don't let her know :)