Monday, May 12, 2008

The Steeplechase..chasing away the stress!



Our 2nd trip to the Nashville Iroquois Steeplechase was this past Saturday. This is typically NOT my type of event. Its a bit reminiscent of the frat parties I did my best to avoid throughout college, but since you get to wear a hat....well it just makes it better! Dan and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with friends. We had a full day of people watching and relaxing with Sangria and Mojitos and Friskies.


You might be thinking..Now, how could one with two children allow herself such indulgences? Why? Because of LAST weekend. Great Day of Service 2008. I am chair of an amazing project called NO PLACE LIKE HOME that essentially takes the apartment or house of a single mom and transforms it, Extreme Makeover style, into a warmer, more livable organized space. This year's one day transformation was the culmination of about 8 weeks of work on mine and my co-chair, Tiffany's, part. To see the results, visit my website:




Click on Gallery and select No Place Like Home 2008. I think you will agree that a day of laziness was well earned!
Mother's Day followed and was a lovely production by husband and kiddies. Overall, if I couldn't have made the weekend any better! Hope everyone else had a good one as well!

1 comment:

kaycee said...

Amazing Transformation! SO COOL! You definitely deserved the mojitos.